top of page
How to Volunteer for the City of Hurricane
There are many opportunities for volunteering with Hurricane City regardless of your age, experience, or availability. To become a volunteer please do the following:
1. Fill out a Volunteer Application. An application can be picked at the Hurricane Community Center, 63 South 100 West, Hurricane, Utah 84737. You can also download a printable version HERE.
2. Turn in the completed application into the Recreation Director at the Community Center or submit by email - firstname.lastname@example.org
3. After receiving your completed application, you will be contacted by Recreation staff to discuss the volunteer opportunities you are interested in.
Easter Egg Hunt
. Volunteers are needed with set up, stuffing eggs, manning the event and clean up of event
Fourth of July Celebration
• Volunteers are needed to help out with the parade, games, and the prize booth, etc.
• People are needed to help out with security in each of the rooms that have exhibits. This is a great way to see the displays and enjoy meeting many wonderful people.
Neon Night Run
• Volunteers are needed to assist in decorating the start/finish line, marking the course and trunk or treating.
Christmas Tree Festival
• Assist with decorating the hallways of the community center with Christmas decorations and volunteer during the event.
Ongoing Service Opportunities
Fine Arts Productions
• Volunteers are needed for ushering shows & other fine arts events. Assistance with building theatrical sets for shows is also needed. This is a great way to be a part of the theatrical side of Hurricane.
Heritage Park Museum
• Meet and greet, create and maintain displays, answer questions and help maintain area historic sites.
Youth Sports/Recreation Department
• Serve as a coach for basketball, soccer, football, baseball, Volleyball and other sports. You must commit to the entire season for the sport you are helping with.
* For information on how to serve in the Hurricane community, call: (435) 635-2609 or email email@example.com
bottom of page